If you want to improve your house with a durable, elegant material at a reasonable price, you might want to think about granite tiles.
Granite tiles are made of natural stone and range in price from 1,554 to 5,959. They are available in a variety of colors and designs.
They are used a lot for floors, tables, walls, and other things.
In this piece, we’ll show you the basics about granite tiles that you need to know before you buy them. Including the price of granite tiles in the Philippines.
What are Granite Tiles?
Granite tiles are thin pieces of natural stone that are cut from big slabs of granite.
They are completely natural and have a higher density, hardness, and longevity than ceramic or porcelain tiles.
Granite tiles are resistant to heat, scratches, marks, and water. They come in different sizes, which makes them good for places with less room.
When kept in good shape, granite tiles are also resistant to water. They look nice and have different textures, making any room look better.
Granite Tiles Size and Uses
There are 60 cm x 60 cm, 80 cm x 80 cm, and 90 cm x 90 cm granite tiles, among others. The size of the tiles affects how much it costs to place them and how they look overall.
Larger tiles look more seamless because they have less grout lines. Smaller tiles give you more design choices, but they may get dirty faster.
Granite tiles can be used in many places around the house:
- Flooring: They are long-lasting and can be used both inside and outside. Polished granite tiles give an indoor space a smooth look, while flamed or bush-hammered tiles give an outdoor space a rough surface.
- Countertop: Because they are resistant to heat, scratches, and moisture, granite countertop are great for kitchen and bathroom counters. People prefer dark-colored tiles in the kitchen, while light-colored tiles make a bathroom feel bigger.
- Wall Cladding: Accent walls, borders, fireplace surrounds, and shower walls look more elegant with granite tiles. Homeowners can choose any color or pattern that fits their style and theme.
Granite Tiles Price List
Granite tiles have different prices based on their color, design, size, surface finish, supplier, and quality.
Granite tiles are usually more expensive than clay or porcelain tiles because they are made of natural stone and require more processing.
Here are some examples of how the size and color affects the price of granite tiles in the Philippines:
|Granite Tile’s Color or Pattern||Size 90x90cm||Size 80x80cm||Size 60x60cm|
|Beige Porrino||–||–||₱ 1,554|
|Salt and Pepper||–||–||₱ 1,554|
|Pink Porrino||–||–||₱ 1,554|
|Hassan Green||₱ 4,748||₱ 3,754||₱ 2,116|
|Absolute Black||₱ 5,959||₱ 4,010||₱ 2,209|
|Viscon White||₱ 5,064||₱ 4,003||₱ 2,256|
|River White||₱ 5,169||₱ 4,086||₱ 2,303|
|Imperial Red||₱ 5,275||₱ 4,170||₱ 2,340|
The prices here are how much each piece of granite tile costs.
The prices do not include the cost of making the item (polishing the edges) or installing it.
The prices can also change at any time without notice.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Granite Tiles
Granite tiles have many advantages and disadvantages that homeowners should consider before choosing them for their home improvement projects. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of granite tiles are:
The pros of granite tiles are:
- Excellent longevity, and it won’t fade or break for decades.
- High protection to water, heat, scratches, and stains.
- A unique and attractive look that makes a place more valuable and beautiful.
- There are a lot of different colors and shapes to fit any style and theme.
- Easy to clean and keep by sealing and wiping it down often.
Bad things about granite tiles:
- Costs a lot and requires a bigger budget to buy and set up.
- Heavy, it needs to be set up by a professional and handled carefully.
- Porous, so it needs to be sealed to keep stains and moisture from getting in.
- If you don’t clean grout lines well, they can get dirty and grow germs.
- If the surface isn’t rough, it could be slippery.
In short, granite tiles are very durable, can stand up to many different factors, and look nice. But they can be expensive, need to be handled by a professional, and need regular upkeep to keep their quality.
Things You Should Know about Granite Tiles
Before you decide to buy and install granite tiles for your home, there are some things you should know about them.
These are some of the important things you should know about granite tiles:
- How can I keep my granite floors looking as good as new? Every day, just wipe them down with a soft cloth and water with a little light soap.
- Are marble tiles expensive? Yes, granite is one of the most expensive stones used for floors. Cheaper choices may not look as nice or last as long as higher grades.
- How often should I finish my granite tile? For best results, you should seal the surface of your granite tiles once a year. Better results can come from hiring professionals to do this job.
- Which is better: marble or porcelain? Both granite and porcelain are strong, but porcelain won’t fade in the sun and is better for outdoor projects because of this.
- When it rains, are marble tiles slippery? Yes, granite can be slippery when wet because the finishing process wears down the minerals.
In the Philippines, the price of granite depends on things like color, pattern, size, surface finish, source, and quality.
Even though granite tiles are more expensive than clay or porcelain tiles, they are long-lasting, have a unique look, and can go with any style.
Putting money into granite can make your house more valuable and beautiful for a long time.
When picking granite for floors, countertops, or walls, think about your budget and personal tastes.[ratings]