If you want to update the look and security of your home for a low price, you might want to think about getting new door knob.
Door knobs are not only useful, but they are also pretty and can give your doors more style and character.
In this piece, we’ll talk about the door knob price list in the Philippines and tell you what you need to know about it.
What is a Door Knob?
A door knob is a tool for opening and closing a door. It has a handle that is connected to a spindle or shaft that is connected to a latch or lock device.
You can lock and open a door with a keyhole or a button on the door knob.
They come in different sizes and shapes to fit different doors and make them more secure. So, choose a door knob that fits the style of your house.
Door Knob Types
There are different kinds of door buttons that serve different purposes:
1. Half Dummy Door Knob
This decorative knob doesn’t lock and is usually found on double doors. It comes in a wide range of types to match your home’s decor.
2. Passage Door Knob
This knob is good for internal doors that don’t need to lock. It has a latch that lets the door open and close easily from both sides.
3. Privacy Door Knob
This knob gives you privacy because you can lock and open it from the inside. It works well in bedrooms and bathrooms. Some types may have a hole on the outside that lets you open them in an emergency.
4. Storeroom Door Knob
This knob locks and unlocks with a key and is made for storerooms. It keeps the things inside safe, and the door is always open from the inside.
5. Keyed Entry Door Knob
This knob is often used on doors that lead outside. It can be locked and opened from the outside with a key, and there is a button or thumb turn on the inside to make it easy to get out. It makes you safer and can be used with windows next to it to make you even safer.
When picking the right type of door knob, think about how your doors work and how much security you need.
Door Knob Price List
The price of a door knob varies on several things, such as the brand, the material, the design, the function, and the quality.
In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from ₱300 to ₱2,000 for a single door knob in the Philippines.
Here are some examples of door knob price you can find in the Philippines from several brand:
|Type and Brand||Price|
|Bestguard antique alloy door handle||₱98|
|Ares cylindrical entrance lockset||₱150|
|Love&Home cylindrical door knob||₱169|
|Nugen lockset stainless steel||₱185|
|Powerhouse knob set lockset||₱194|
|Gateman knob set||₱289|
|Sobo antique brass lock set||₱322|
|Standard lock set||₱351|
|Hausmann keyed entry series||₱430|
|Amerilock privacy door knob||₱479|
|Amerilock door knob 3-keys||₱505|
|DDAN stainless steel home lock||₱635|
|Corona entrance deadbolt single lock||₱1,889|
How to Install Door Knob
Installing a new door knob is not very hard if you have the right tools and directions. Here are some easy steps to follow:
- Unscrew the screws on the faceplate and pull the knobs and spindle out from both sides of the door to get rid of the old door knob.
- Using the template given by the manufacturer, measure and mark where the new latch and strike plate will go on the door’s edge and frame.
- Drill holes for the latch and strike plate using a drill bit that is the right size.
- Put the latch into the hole on the edge of the door and fix it with screws.
- Put the strike plate into the hole on the door frame and fix it with screws.
- Line up the spindle or shaft of one knob with the hole on one side of the latch and push it through the hole.
- Align the other knob’s spindle or shaft with the hole on the other side of the latch and slide it through the hole.
- Secure both handles with screws on their fronts.
- Test if the door knob works by opening and closing it several times.
Things You Should Know About Door Knob
- What is a door knob called? Handleset is the name for a door knob. It has a handle, a key lock on the outside, a lever or door knob on the inside, and a padlock.
- What is the difference between a knob and a lock? The level of security they offer is the major difference between a deadbolt lock and a doorknob lock. Doorknob and lever latches make it easy to open and close the door, while a lock latch makes it safer.
- Why is it called a knob? The word “knob” probably comes from the word “knot” and refers to the handle or knob used to open and close doors. It came from the Proto-Germanic word *knappô, which meant “knob” or “lump.”
- What is a door lock knob? A knob lock, which is the most popular type of door lock, is what a door lock knob refers to. The cylinder of the lock is inside the knob. But knob locks shouldn’t be used on outside doors because they’re easy to break into with simple tools.
- What does a door knob do? The main purpose of a door knob is to open and close a door. It is usually on doors inside the house, like room doors and closet doors, to make them easy to open and close.
Door knobs are important devices that can enhance your home’s appearance and security.
There are many types of door knobs available in different materials, designs, functions, and prices in Philippines marketplaces.
You can find one that suits your needs and preferences by doing some research online before buying one online offline store near you.[ratings]