The steel beam known as a C channel has a look that resembles a C and can be utilized for a variety of applications at a reasonable price.
In this article, we will explain what C channel is, it uses, the types of it, and how much C channel price in the Philippines.
What is C Channel?
A structural steel beam having a C-shaped profile is known as a C channel. It has a flat back and two flanges that protrude at right angles to one another.
Compared to other steel materials, it is lighter and more flexible, but it also has more strength and rigidity.
Common applications for C channel steel include bridges, trailers, racks, fences, and secondary framing in building construction.
What is the Use of C Channel?
C bar steel is a flexible and common material used in many different sorts of constructions. C channel is frequently used for things like:
- Door Frames: C channels are used to build safe, inflammable, long-lasting door frames.
- Wall Studs: C-channel steel studs are more resilient than wooden studs. So Its offer superior support for a variety of wall systems, particularly in locations with a lot of moisture.
- Vehicle Frames: C channels are used in the production of vehicles to build sturdy frames. It can hold the engine and chassis while protecting the drivers.
- Bridges: To preserve the structural integrity of girders, trestles, and trusses, C channels are crucial components.
- Roofs: To provide stability and prevent collapse in windy situations. C channels can be used as rafters or as a replacement for I-joists in roofs like C Purlins.
The lightweight, high strength, and flexibility of channel bar make it ideal for a variety of uses.
It is a flexible structural element that offers strength and support in a number of different sectors.
What is C Channel Type?
The following are some typical C bar types:
- Standard C channel: has a constant depth, width, and thickness. Ranging from 3 inches to 15 inches in depth and from 1.5 inches to 4 inches in width
- Light gauge C channel: Made of cold-formed steel, this variety has a thinner thickness than typical C channels. The sizes range in depth from 2 to 12 inches and in breadth from 0.5 to 2.5 inches.
- The structural C channel is hot-rolled steel and is thicker than regular C channels. The sizes range in depth from 3 to 18 inches and in breadth from 1.5 to 6 inches.
C channels can also be divided into groups according on surface finishing and levels of quality:
- Black C channel: A non-treated surface with no corrosion protection.
- Hot-dipped galvanized C channel: C channel with a zinc coating
- Primer-coated C channel: C channel with a primer applied to the surface
- 2205 Duplex Grade Stainless Steel C channel: offers increased strength and superior corrosion resistance
- 316/316L Duplex Grade Stainless Steel C channel: Specifically designed for marine applications and offshore facilities.
These variants in C channel types enable a range of applications. It also offer choices based on particular specifications, including size, material qualities, and corrosion resistance.
C Channel Price List
The price of C channel depends on various factors, such as the type, size, material, quality, and supplier.
To give you an idea of how much C channel costs in the Philippines, here are some price list of C Channel in the market:
|Name of the Products||C Channel Steel Size||Price|
|C Channel Furring – Carrying Channel||12mm x 38mm x 0.5mm||₱72|
|Double Furring||19mm x 50mm x 0.3mm||₱80|
|Metal Stud Furring||32mm x 52mm x 0.5mm||₱91|
|ASTM-A36 C Channel||2 x 3 x 3mm||₱1,700|
|2 x 3 x 5mm||₱2,260|
|2 x 4 x 4mm||₱2,660|
|2 x 4 x 5mm||₱3,190|
|2 x 6 x 5mm||₱5,020|
Things You Should Know about C Channel
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about C channel:
- Between U channel and C channel, what is the difference? U channel is more flexible than C channel and has a shorter back. It is employed in simpler applications.
- Why is C channel so powerful? Size, thickness, material, and design all affect the C channel’s strength. Standard or light gauge C channel cannot compare to structural C channel in terms of strength.
- What is the purpose of C channel? C channel is utilized in the construction industry for a variety of uses, including roof purlins, wall girts, bridges, trailers, and more. Decorative window, door, and shelf frames can also be made out of it.
- What is C channel, exactly? The size, mass, moment of inertia, section modulus, and other geometric properties of a C channel can be determined.
- The steel C-channel is how thick? The kind will determine the thickness of the C-channel steel. The dimensions of structural C-channel are 0.125 inches to 0.5 inches, light gauge C-channel is 0.0175 inches to 0.105 inches, and standard C-channel is 0.0747 inches to 0.25 inches.
C-channel steel is a versatile and durable material used in construction and other industries. It offers advantages like strength, lightweightness, easy installation, and corrosion resistance.
When buying C-channel steel in the Philippines, consider the type, size, material, quality, and supplier. Also compare prices from different sources to find the best deals.
We hope this article has provided valuable information about C-channel steel, including its uses, types, prices, and characteristics.[ratings]