A sliding window might be a good choice if you want a window that is easy to open and close, gives you a wide view of the outside, and can fit in any room at a reasonable price.
A sliding window is a type of window that moves horizontally along a track. The price range for sliding windows typically ranges from ₱545 to ₱9,726.
Depending on the shape and size of the window, it can have one or more panels that move.
In this piece, we’ll talk about the different kinds of sliding windows, as well as the price list for sliding windows in the Philippines and anything else related to slider windows.
What is a Sliding Window?
A sliding window is one with one or more panels that move along a track. The track can be at the top, bottom, or both ends of the window frame.
Depending on how they are set up, the panels can slide either to the left or to the right. You can also call sliding windows glider windows or slider windows.
Sliding Window Materials
Sliding windows can be made of different materials, such as wood, vinyl, aluminum, or fiberglass.
Each material has its own pros and cons in terms of durability, maintenance, cost, and appearance. Here are some of the common materials used for sliding windows:
- Wood Sliding Windows: Wood sliding windows are natural and elegant, and they are also strong and beautiful. But they need maintenance on a regular basis and can warp, rot, and fade.
- Vinyl Sliding Windows: Vinyl sliding windows are cheap and easy to install. They are also resistant to water, insects, and corrosion. They come in different colors and styles, but in very cold or hot weather, they may break or warp.
- Aluminum Sliding Windows: Aluminum sliding windows are strong and light, and they can withstand bad weather. They are easy to clean, but they can use more energy and are more likely to get dents and scratches.
- Fiberglass Sliding Windows: These windows are strong and don’t warp, crack, or fade. They are also energy efficient and require little upkeep. They cost more and might not be available as much.
Type of Sliding Window
Sliding windows come in different styles based on the number and arrangement of the sliding panels. Here are some examples of common sliding windows:
Single Slider Window
A single slider window has one panel that slides along a track while the other panel stays still.
It’s easy to use and perfect for small rooms where only one side of the window needs to be open.
Double Slider Window
A double slider window has two panels that slide along a track in different directions.
It lets in more natural light and air and is good for larger rooms where both sides of the window need to open.
Three-Panel Sliding Window
A three-panel sliding window has three panels that move along a track in different directions. This type gives you more options and control over how your windows open.
It’s perfect for extra-large rooms where you want to be able to precisely control how much the window opens.
Sliding Window Price List
The price of sliding window depends on various factors, such as the size, material, design, quality, and installation of the window.
The price also varies depending on the location and supplier of the window.
Here are some of the average price of sliding window in the Philippines based on online sources:
|Sliding Window Product||Size||Price|
|Sliding Window Powdercoated||60cm x 60cm||₱545|
|Sliding Window Powdercoated||1.2m x 1.2m||₱1,739|
|Sliding Window Analok S798||1.2m x 2.1m||₱2,588|
|Single Slider Window (Aluminum)||1.2m x 1.2m||₱3,000|
|Single Slider Window (Wood)||1.5m x 1.5m||₱4,500|
|Double Slider Window (Vinyl)||1.5m x 1.5m||₱4,500|
|Double Slider Window (Fiberglass)||2m x 2m||₱6,000|
|Three Panel Slider Window (Wood)||2m x 2m||₱7,500|
|Sliding Window Powdercoated||1.8m x 2.1m||₱8,972|
|Three Panel Slider Window (Aluminum)||3m x 3m||₱9,000|
|Sliding Window Analok S798||1.8m x 2.1m||₱9,726|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Slider Windows
Sliding windows have some advantages and disadvantages that you should consider before choosing them for your home. Here are some of the pros and cons of slider windows:
- Easy operation: Sliding windows are easy to use and keep up because there are no hinges, springs, or cords that can break or stop working.
- Unobstructed view: Sliding windows offer a wide view of the outside, so you can enjoy the scenery and natural light without bars or frames getting in the way.
- Versatile fitting: Sliding windows can be made to fit any space, no matter what shape or size it is, so they can be used in many different types of homes.
- Energy efficiency: Sliding windows save electricity by sealing tightly when closed and allowing fresh air and ventilation when opened.
- Cleaning difficulties: It can be challenging to clean sliding windows, especially the tracks and corners. Regular cleaning is necessary to keep things from getting stuck or jammed. To clean the outside, you may need a ladder or other tools.
- Concerns about security: Sliding windows may not be as safe as other types. They can be moved off the track or opened by lifting them up. For good security, you should add more locks and latches.
- Limited opening options: Sliding windows can only be opened horizontally, unlike windows that can be opened up or outward. Compared to casement or awning windows, they also don’t open as wide.
Things You Should Know about Slider Windows
Before you decide to buy and install sliding windows for your home, here are some things you should know about them:
- Which is best for sliding windows?
The best material for sliding windows depends on your budget, preference, and climate. Wood sliding windows are more expensive but more durable and elegant. Vinyl sliding windows are more affordable but less durable and stylish. Aluminum sliding windows are more durable but less insulating and aesthetic. Fiberglass sliding windows are more insulating but less stylish and available.
- What is the function of sliding window?
The function of sliding window is to provide natural light, ventilation, and view to your home. Sliding windows can also enhance the appearance and value of your home by creating a modern and sleek look.
- Why are sliding windows good?
Sliding windows are good because they are easy to operate, offer a wide view of the outside, and can fit in any space. Sliding windows are also versatile and can suit any style or design of your home.
- What is sliding vs gliding windows?
Sliding and gliding windows are essentially the same thing. They both refer to windows that slide horizontally along a track. However, some people may use the term gliding windows to distinguish them from other types of sliding windows that slide vertically (such as single-hung or double-hung windows).
- Is sliding window good or bad?
Sliding window is neither good nor bad. It has both advantages and disadvantages that you should weigh before installing it in your home.
Sliding windows are a popular choice for homeowners who want a window that is easy to operate, offers a wide view of the outside, and can fit in any space.
However, sliding windows also have some drawbacks that you should consider before buying them.
You should also compare the different types, the materials , and the sliding window price list in the Philippines to find the best option for your home.[ratings]