If you are looking for fire extinguisher price in Philippines, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will give you a brief overview of what fire extinguishers are, how they work, what types are available, and how much they cost.
We will also share some tips on how to use and maintain them properly.
What is a Fire Extinguisher?
A fire extinguisher is an active device for fire defense that can put out or control small fires in an emergency.
It has a pressurized agent inside that is sprayed on the fire to make it smaller or put it out totally.
It’s important to know that fire extinguishers can’t put out big fires that have spread or gotten to the top.
When this happens, you should get help right away from a professional.
Parts of a Fire Extinguisher
There are three major parts that make up a fire extinguisher: the cylinder, the valve assembly, and the nozzle.
The cylinder is a metal container that holds the extinguishing agent.
The valve assembly controls how much of the agent gets out.
Then the sprayer tells the spray of agent where to go, which is on the fire.
Fire extinguishers may also have a handle that you squeeze, a release button, a tamper seal, a pull pin, and a hose that you can use to direct the extinguishing agent.
The neutralizing agent is what puts out the fire, and the propellant is the gas that makes the agent shoot out of the extinguisher.
These parts work well together to put out small fires and stop them from getting bigger.
Fire Extinguisher Classes
There are five types of fire extinguishers based on the types of fires they can put out. These things:
- Class A: For fires with common things that burn, like wood, paper, cloth, rubber, and plastic.
- Class B: For fires that involve liquids that can catch on fire, like gasoline, oil, paint, and chemicals.
- Class C is for fires that involve things like appliances, wiring, and circuit switches that use electricity.
- Class D: For burns that involve metals that can catch fire, like magnesium, aluminum, and titanium.
- Class K: For fires that involve cooking oils and fats like veggie oil, animal fat, and grease.
Types of Fire Extinguishers
There are different kinds of fire extinguishers based on what they use to put out fires. These things:
1. Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher
The most popular type of fire extinguisher is one that uses dry chemicals. It has a powder inside that can put out most kinds of fires. It works for Class A, Class B, and Class C fires.
2. Class D Dry Powder
This is a special type of fire extinguisher that includes a metal powder that can react with flammable metals and form a crust over them. It’s only good for Class D fires.
3. Fire Extinguisher Class K
This is a special type of fire extinguisher that has a wet chemical inside that can cool down and soapify cooking oils and fats. It’s only good for Class K fires.
This type of fire extinguisher has a foam inside that can cover flammable liquids and keep them from catching fire. It works for both Class A and Class B fires.
5. Water Types
This is a type of fire extinguisher that has water or water with chemicals that can cool down and soak flammable materials. It’s only good for Class A burns.
6. Wet Chemical
This type of fire extinguisher has a liquid inside that can react with organic materials and make a layer over them. It works for both Class A and Class K fires.
Halons are a type of fire extinguisher that has a gas inside that can stop the chemical process that causes fire. It works for Class B and Class C fires.
8. CO2 Fire Extinguisher
This is a type of fire extinguisher that uses carbon dioxide gas to suffocate a fire by taking away its air supply. It works for Class B and Class C fires.
Fire Extinguisher Price List
The price of fire extinguishers in Philippines may vary depending on the brand, size, type, and quality.
Here are some examples of fire extinguisher price you can get in the market:
|Fire Extinguisher Brand
|Fire Stop Fire Stop Portable Fire Extinguisher 500ml
|Rhino Fire Extinguisher – Dry Chemical (Red) 20 Lbs.
|₱700 – ₱2,000
|Power Asia Fire Extinguisher 10lbs. ABC Dry Chemical
|GIDEON 10LBS ABC Type Fire Extinguisher
|Cyclone Fire Extinguisher 10LBS ABC Dry Chemical 10lbs
|Anzen Fire Extinguisher 2kg
|Cyclone Fire Extinguisher HFC 236 FA 10lbs
Things You Should Know About Fire Extinguishers
Here are some important things you should know about fire extinguishers:
- What does a fire extinguisher have in it? A fire extinguisher has a pressure agent inside that can put out or weaken a fire.
- What is a fire extinguisher of the ABC type? A fire extinguisher of the ABC type can use a dry chemical powder to put out Class A, B, and C fires.
- How do you keep safe with a fire extinguisher? Pull, aim, squeeze, and sweep. This is the PASS method.
- Do fire extinguishers go out of date? Yes, Most powder, foam, and water extinguishers last between 10 and 12 years on average. Check and fix them often for damage or leaks. Replace or fill up if it’s out of date or empty.
- How do you use a fire extinguisher for the first time? Check the situation to make sure it is safe to use the extinguisher. Use it only for small, controlled fires when you have a clear escape route, the right type of extinguisher, and know how to use it.
Fire extinguishers are essential devices that can help you prevent or control small fires.
You should know what type of fire extinguisher you need, how much it costs, and how to use and maintain it properly.
You should also be aware of the risks and limitations of using fire extinguishers and call for professional help if needed.[ratings]