If you have a window in your basement, you may be wondering about the price of a window well cover.
In this article, we’ll talk about the prices of window well covers in the Philippines, which usually cost between 1,000 and 10,000. and what you need to know before you buy one.
What are Window Well Covers?
A window well cover protects the opening of your basement window well, which lets light and air in.
Most of the time, they are made of metal, plastic, or polycarbonate, and they fit on top of your window well.
They are made to keep out rain, snow, leaves, dirt, animals, and other things that could hurt your basement window if they got in.
Window well covers can also prevent people or animals from falling in and injuring themselves.
Some window well covers are clear or see-through, so light can come into your basement.
Others are clear or pretty, which makes your house look better.
Window Well Covers Type
There are many kinds of window well covers on the market, and each one has its own features and benefits. Here are some common ones:
Flat Window Well Covers:
These are simple covers made of metal, plastic, or polycarbonate that won’t break the bank.
They are easy to put up and take down, but they might not protect fully from heavy snow or rain. They could also cut down on the basement’s natural light and air flow.
Bubble Window Well Covers:
Made of clear or tinted polycarbonate, these dome-shaped covers let some natural light into the basement.
They are more durable and resistant to weather than flat covers, but they might take up more space in the window well and get in the way of some types of windows.
Sloped Window Well Covers:
These are covers that slope away from the window well to keep water and snow from getting in.
They can be made out of metal, plastic, or polycarbonate, and they can be clear or dark.
These covers keep debris from building up and let in some natural light and air, but they may be harder to put on and take off.
Hinged Window Well Covers:
These covers can open and close like doors because they have hinges. They are easy to clean and maintain because they come in flat, bubble, or sloped shapes.
They can also be used as emergency exits in case of a fire or flood, though they may cost more and need more hardware.
Window Well Covers Price List
The price of window well covers depends on various factors, such as the size, type, material, quality, design, and installation method of the cover.
Generally speaking, the larger and more complex the cover is, the more expensive it will be.
The following is a rough estimate of the price range of different types of window well covers in Philippines:
|Window Well Covers
|Flat Window Well Covers
|₱1,000 – ₱3,000
|Bubble Window Well Covers
|₱2,000 – ₱5,000
|Sloped Window Well Covers
|₱3,000 – ₱7,000
|Hinged Window Well Covers
|₱4,000 – ₱10,000
These prices do not include the cost of installation, which may vary depending on the contractor and the difficulty of the job.
You should always compare quotes from different suppliers and installers before making a final decision.
Window Well Covers Pros and Cons
Window well covers have both pros and cons that you should consider before buying one. Here are some of them:
- Protects your basement window from water damage, debris accumulation, pest infestation, and accidental falls
- Enhances the curb appeal and value of your home
- Provides some natural light and ventilation to your basement
- Serves as an emergency exit in case of fire or flood
- Reduces heat loss and energy bills in winter
- Prevents mold and mildew growth in your window well
- Reduces natural light and ventilation to your basement
- Blocks emergency exit in case of fire or flood
- Requires maintenance and cleaning
- May not fit your window well perfectly
- May be expensive and difficult to install
- May interfere with the operation of your basement window
Window Well Covers Alternatives
If you’re not satisfied with the window well covers on the market, consider alternatives that can protect and enhance your window well. Some are:
- Window Well Liners:
These panels decorate your window well walls. They make window wells more appealing. They also prevent window well dirt and rust. They do not cover the top of your window well, so water, snow, leaves, and animals can enter.
- Window Well Grates:
Metal bars or mesh cover the top of your window well. They protect your window well from large objects and animals. They also let light and air into your basement. Water, snow, leaves, and small pests can still enter your window well. They can rust or corrode.
- Window Well Landscaping:
Window well landscaping involves planting flowers, shrubs, or grass around it. Create a window well border or pathway with rocks, bricks, or stones. This can make your window well look natural. Plants need regular care and watering. Plants should not block or damage your basement window.
Things You Should Know about Window Well Covers
Before you buy a window well cover, there are some things you should know and do to ensure that you get the best product and service for your needs. Here are some tips:
- Check the local building codes and regulations regarding window well covers in your area. Some jurisdictions may require certain specifications or permits for installing window well covers.
- Choose a window well cover that matches the size, shape, and style of your window well and basement window. You can either buy a ready-made cover or order a custom-made cover from a reputable supplier.
- Choose a window well cover that is made of durable and weather-resistant materials that can withstand the elements and last for a long time. You can choose from metal, plastic, or polycarbonate materials that have different colors and finishes.
- Choose a window well cover that has a warranty and a guarantee from the manufacturer or the installer. This can protect you from defects or damages that may occur during or after the installation process.
- Choose a window well cover that is easy to install and remove. You can either install it yourself or hire a professional installer to do it for you. You should also check if the cover has any locks, hinges, handles, or clips that can make it easier to operate.
- Choose a window well cover that is easy to clean and maintain. You should regularly remove any dirt, debris, snow, or ice from your cover to prevent damage or deterioration. You should also check for any cracks, holes, or leaks that may need repair or replacement.
We hope this article has given you some useful information about window well covers price in Philippines and other related topics.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.[ratings]