If you are looking for gate valve price in Philippines, you might want to know more about this type of valve.
In this article, we will give you a brief overview of gate valve and it price that range from ₱90 to ₱38,500.
What is Gate Valve?
A gate valve is a valve that uses a flat or wedge-shaped gate to control the flow of fluid in a waterway.
Turning a handwheel, handle, or motor can fully open or close it. When it’s open, fluid can flow easily. When it’s closed, fluid can’t get through at all.
Gate valves aren’t made to control flow, and they can be used with pipes that are at least 2 inches in width.
Most of the time, they are made of metals like alloy steel, cast iron, brass, or stainless steel, but they can also be made of PVC.
It’s important to think about the working conditions, as different gate valves can handle different temperatures.
Gate Valve Parts
The main parts of a gate valve are
- Valve body: The top shell that holds the gate and the seats.
- Gate: The moveable disk that opens or shuts the flow passage.
- Seats: The rings that stay in place and seal against the gate when it is shut.
- Stem: The bar that ties the gate to the actuator.
- Actuator: The device that moves the stem and gate, such as a handwheel, a handle, or an electric motor.
- Bonnet: Thecover that seals the valve body and keeps the stem and actuator from getting damaged.
- Packing: The stuff that keeps the stem from leaking.
- Gland: The part that tightens the packing around the stem.
Gate valves, whether they are made of brass, used for water, or something else, usually have the same parts, such as the gate, seat, stem, and bonnet, which work well to seal for a variety of uses.
Function of Gate Valve
The major job of a gate valve in a pipeline is to stop or slow the flow of fluid. It can make a good seal to stop leaks and is often used for on-off service.
Gate valves are used to stop the flow of liquids or gases.
They are used in the medical, automotive, oil and gas, and food production businesses, among others.
Even though gate valves can be used to change the flow rate by throttling, this is not a good idea because it can cause erosion and shaking.
Friction can also make it hard to operate a gate valve when the pressure is high.
Using a bigger valve with a bypass and a smaller controller valve can help lower the pressure and make it easier to operate.
Gate Valve Types
There are two main types of gate valves:
- Parallel gate valve: It has a flat gate that moves between two parallel seats. Fits uses with low pressure and low temperatures, such as gas and water service.
- Wedge gate valve: It has a gate in the shape of a wedge that fits between two seats that are angled. Suitable for high-pressure and high-temperature uses like steam and oil service.
But there are still a few other kinds of gate valves, as this short description shows.
1. PPR Gate Valve
PPR gate valves are made of polypropylene random copolymer (PPR), which is resistant to rust and strong. Perfect for hot and cold water lines.
2. Mechanical Gate Valve
A mechanical device, such as a handwheel or handle, is used to open and close the gate. Simple and effective, but it needs to be operated and fixed by hand.
3. Wedge Gate Valve
The gate is made from a thick wedge. Strong and closes tightly, but the seats and wedges need to be in the right place.
4. Parallel Gate Valve
The gate is made of a split wedge. Flexible and self-adjusting, but harder to use.
Gate Valve Price List
The price of a gate valve depends on various factors, such as size, material, type, brand, etc.
Here is an approximate price list of some common sizes, types and brands of gate valves in Philippines:
|Gate Valve Brand and Type||Size||Price|
|Gate Valve PVC||½ inch, 200 psi||₱90|
|PPR Gate Valve||½ inch||₱300|
|Kitz Gate Valve Brass Material||½ inch||₱400|
|2 inches, 150 psi||₱4,650|
|3 inches, 150 psi||₱15.155|
|Italy Hamber Heavy Duty Brass Gate Valve||¾ inch||₱450|
|Stainless Steel Gate Valve||1 inch||₱620|
|Forged Steel Gate Valve, Flange Type||¾ inch||₱4,200|
|Smith Cast Iron Gate Valve, Flange Type, Non-Rising||2 inches||₱5,750|
|Cast Iron Mechanical Gate Valve||4 inches||₱12,600|
|6 inches||₱18, 700|
|OS & Y Gate Valve||3 inches||₱7,600|
|Smith Cast Iron Gate Valve, Non-Rising Type||4 inches||₱24,500|
|OS & Y Ductile Iron, Flange Type, Rising Stem Gate Valve||6 inches||₱38,500|
Things You Should Know about Gate Valve
Before you buy a gate valve, you should consider some important factors, such as:
- How does a gate valve work? With a gate valve, you can totally stop the flow in a pipeline or let it go at full speed. It is good for on-off service.
- What is a gate valve? A gate valve uses a gate to control the flow of fluid. A handwheel, handle, or motor can be used to fully open or close the gate.
- Is a gate valve a control valve? No, a gate valve is not made to control flow in a very exact way. It is most often used to turn service on or off or, in some cases, to slow it down.
- What benefits does a gate valve have? When they are closed, gate valves have a tight lock that stops leaks. When they are fully open, they have little resistance to flow. They are stable and can work in high-pressure and high-temperature situations.
- Do I need a gate valve? If you want to stop the flow of fluid in a waterway or change how it flows, you need a gate valve. Choose one that fits your budget and the needs of your system.
We hope this article has given you some useful information about gate valve price in Philippines and its functions, parts, types, and advantages. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading![ratings]