Many homeowners and businesses are looking for efficient flood barriers at an affordable price to protect their properties and assets from flooding.
Because it can be installed quickly and easily, and the price ranges from ₱10 to ₱40,000.
In this article, we’ll talk about what flood barriers are, what they’re used for, the different kinds of flood barriers, and the price of flood barriers in the Philippines.
What is a Flood Barrier?
Flood barriers are structures made to stop or slow the flow of water during floods.
Permanent barriers, like levees and walls, are built into buildings to keep people safe in the long run.
On the other hand, temporary barriers can be set up quickly and changed easily when floods are coming.
Flood Barrier Purposes
The main purpose of a flood barrier is to keep water from hurting your property and belongings or to lessen the damage it does.
By keeping water out, it stops damage to the building, the growth of mold, electrical hazards, and health risks.
Putting up a flood barrier can save you money on repairs and insurance. It can also raise the value of your property, especially in high-risk areas, making it more appealing to buyers.
Also, flood barriers can improve the look and function of your landscaping, making your property look better as a whole.
Type of Flood Barrier
What kind of flood barrier you choose will depend on a number of things, such as:
- How much and how often it floods in your area
- How big and round your land and building are
- How much money you have and how much time you have for installation and upkeep
- How you want your property to look and how you want it to work.
There are different types of flood barriers, such as:
Sandbags are bags of sand or dirt that are stacked to make a wall. They are cheap and easy to use, but they aren’t very effective or long-lasting.
- Inflatable tubes
Inflatable tubes are tubes filled with air or water and put around the outside of a building or area. They’re lightweight and portable, but debris or sharp objects can deflate them.
- Metal or plastic panels
Panels made of metal or plastic are rigid and are put into slots or frames to make a barrier. They’re strong and reusable, but they’re expensive and need installation and storage.
- Glass walls
Glass walls are transparent walls made of tempered glass or acrylic. They look nice and let in natural light, but they can be expensive and breakable.
- Flood doors
When water rises above a certain level, these doors automatically seal. They are usually long-lasting, reliable, and good-looking. But they may be expensive, hard to install and keep up, and not work well on uneven surfaces or with debris.
- Flood gates
Flood gates are gates that can be lowered or lifted to stop or let water flow through an opening. They are usually strong, easy to adjust, and useful for many things but expensive,
Flood Barriers Price List
The price of a flood barriers in the Philippines varies depending on the type, size, quality, and installation of the product. Here are some estimates based on the average market prices as of July 2023:
|Sandbags||₱10 – ₱20 per bag|
|Inflatable tubes||₱500 – ₱1,000 per meter|
|Metal or plastic panels||₱5,000 – ₱10,000 per square meter|
|Glass walls||₱20,000 – ₱40,000 per square meter|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Flood Barriers
Like any other product, flood barriers have their pros and cons. Here are some of them:
- They can keep water from hurting your property and save you money on insurance and repairs.
- They can add to the value and look of your property and make it more appealing to buyers.
- During rainy times or typhoons, they can give you peace of mind and security.
- You can change them to meet your needs and tastes.
- Buying and installing them can be expensive, especially if you need a large or complicated system.
- They may need upkeep and storage, especially if they aren’t permanent or reusable.
- They can block your view or make it hard for you to get to your property or building.
- They can break or stop working if they are not set up or taken care of properly.
Things You Should Know About Flood Barriers
Here are some things you should know before you buy a flood barrier:
- You should talk to a professional or an expert to find out how likely it is that your home will flood and what kind of flood barrier will work best for you.
- You should check the product’s quality and warranty, as well as the supplier’s or installer’s reputation and how long they’ve been in business.
- To make sure the product works and lasts, you should follow the instructions and guidelines for how to set it up and take care of it.
- You should check the product for damage and wear and tear on a regular basis.
- You should have a backup plan or another way to protect your property in case the first one doesn’t work or isn’t enough.
- What materials are flood barriers?
Flood barriers can be made of steel, aluminum, fiberglass, plastic, wood, composites, sand, soil, water, or air.
- How do you make a flood barrier at home?
You can make a temporary flood wall at home by taping together plastic bottles filled with water or sand. You could also stack full trash bags or use towels and blankets to cover the spaces around doors and windows.
- How high are flood barriers?
Depending on how they are made and how high the flood is likely to get, flood barriers can be anywhere from 10 cm to 2 meters tall.
- How well do flood barriers work?
The effectiveness of flood barriers depends on their type, quality, installation, upkeep, and testing. The best way to prevent floodwater infiltration is to use a floodplain.
- How long do flood barriers last?
How long flood barriers last depends on their type, material, how they are used, and how they are stored. Durable flood barriers can last for many years if they are well-kept and stored, but the length of time each type lasts may vary.
We hope that this blog post has given you some useful information about flood barriers price in Philippines.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below. Thank you for reading![ratings]