If you want a tool that can help you reach high places and is easy to use at a fair price, you might want to think about buying an extension ladders.
Extension ladders are ladders that can be made longer or shorter depending on your needs. The price ranges from ₱2,546 to ₱65,564.
They are often used for painting, cleaning, and other tasks that need to be done in higher places, like on roofs or in corners.
We will cover all aspects of extension ladders in this article, including the price of extension ladders in the Philippines and many others.
What is an Extension Ladder?
An extension ladder is a type of ladder that has two or more sections that slide over each other to change the height.
Most of the time, locks or ropes keep the sections from coming apart when they are in use.
Extension ladders can be made from wood, aluminum, fiberglass, or steel, among other things.
Each material has its own pros and cons in terms of how much it weighs, how long it lasts, and how well it stands up to weather and electricity.
Extension Ladders Uses
This ladders are useful for a variety of tasks that require reaching high places. Extension ladders are typically used for the following:
- Painting on walls, ceilings, or roofs
- Putting up gutters, windows, or lights or fixing them
- Window, chimney, or solar panel cleaning
- Tree or branch trimming
- Putting up signs or decorations
- Checking roofs or attics or getting up there
Extension Ladders Size
Sizes of extension ladders vary based on how long they can be when fully extended, taking into account overlap between sections.
For safety reasons, the working length is usually about 1 meter shorter than the maximum length.
The size also depends on how much weight the ladder can hold, which is shown by the letters A to E.
The duty rating should be higher than the total weight of the user, their tools, and the things they are carrying.
In the table below, you can see some sizes of extension ladders along with their weights and duty ratings.
|Size (m)||Duty Rating||Weight (kg)|
Extension Ladders Type
There are many kinds of extension ladders on the market, each with its own design and set of features. Common types of extension ladders include:
- Single extension ladder
This is the simplest type of extension ladder. It has only one fly section that can be extended or retracted with ropes or locks.
- Double extension ladder
This type of extension ladder has two fly sections that can be moved separately using ropes or locks.
- Triple extension ladder
This type of extension ladder has three fly sections that can be extended or pulled back on their own with ropes or locks.
- Telescopic extension ladder
This type of extension ladder has several sections that can be extended or retracted by pushing a button. They take up little space and are easy to store and move.
- Combination extension ladder
By adjusting the hinges and locks, this ladder can be used as a single, double, or triple extension ladder. They are versatile and can adapt to different situations.
Extension Ladders Price List
The price of an extension ladder depends on its size, type, material, brand, and quality.
Here is a table with some examples of how much extension ladders price in Philippines:
|Aluminum||10 ft||Single||Oxford England||₱2,546|
|Aluminum||16 ft||Double||Spencer USA||₱8,500|
|Aluminum||20 ft||Double||Power Step||₱6,999|
|Fiberglass||8 ft||Single||Louisville Ladder Brute 375||₱65,564|
Extension Ladders Pros and Cons
There are pros and cons to extension ladders that you should think about before buying one. Some pros and cons of extension ladders are as follows:
- They can be changed to fit different heights and different tasks.
- When collapsed, they are easy to store and move.
- Compared to other types of ladders, they are pretty cheap.
- Other kinds of ladders can’t reach as high as these can.
- When they are out, they are heavy and bulky.
- To set them up, you need a flat, stable surface.
- They need to be properly fastened so they don’t slip or fall.
- They can be dangerous if not used right or kept in good shape.
Things You Should Know about Extension Ladders
Here are some of the most-asked questions about extension ladders and the answers:
- How do you use extension ladder safety?
Follow these steps to use an extension ladder in a safe way:
- Look for cracks or other damage on the ladder.
- Put the ladder on solid, flat, dry ground that is clear of any obstacles.
- Set up the ladder so that the base and top are in the right places.
- Use ropes or stabilizers to hold the ladder in place.
- Climb carefully and keep three points of contact with the ground.
- Don’t lean on or carry heavy things.
- Don’t jump or slide down the ladder, but do it safely.
- What are the components of an extension ladder?
Parts of an extension ladder that are important:
- Base section: The bottom part that rests on the ground.
- Fly section: The upper part that slides to change the height..
- Rungs: Horizontal bars providing steps for climbing.
- Side rails: Vertical bars forming the ladder’s frame.
- Locks: Devices securing sections together.
- Ropes: Used to raise or lower the fly section.
- Feet: Rubber or plastic pads for stability.
- Caps: Covers protecting the top ends of side rails.
- What are 2 differences between a step ladder and an extension ladder?
What makes a step ladder different from an extension ladder are:
- Shape: A step ladder has an A-shaped frame that supports itself, while an extension ladder has a straight frame that needs support.
- Height: A step ladder has a fixed height of 1-6 meters, while an extension ladder can be any height up to 15 meters.
We hope this article has provided you with some helpful information about extension ladders price in Philippines.[ratings]