Electrical tape is an essential tool for electricians, DIY enthusiasts, and anyone who works with electricity even though the price is cheap.
In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on electrical tape price in Philippines, as well as its uses, types, features, and tips.
Read on to learn more about this versatile product and how to choose the best one for your needs.
What is Electrical Tape?
Electrical tape is a type of sticky tape that is used to protect and insulate lines and other electrical parts.
It keeps electricity from getting through, so it doesn’t cause shocks, short circuits, or fires.
It is also bendable, which makes it easy to work with, and resistant to heat, which makes it safer.
Electrical tape can also be used to fix things, seal things, bundle things, mark things, and decorate.
It is an important tool for connecting and wiring projects because it can be used for many different things and has specific requirements.
Electrical Tape Uses
Electrical tape is used in many different businesses and fields for many different things. Here are some of the most popular uses:
- It is used to insulate wires, make connections, and join wires to terminals or plugs in electrical wiring.
- In plumbing, electrical tape can be used to fix leaks or cracks and protect pipes from rust or wear.
- It is used in the auto industry to fix broken wires or hoses, and it can also be used for marking or decoration.
- Crafts: Electrical tape is used to make things like jewelry, notes, magnets, and more for arts and crafts.
- Sports: It can be used to wrap or attach bats, rackets, handles, and helmets, among other sports gear.
Also, electrical tape comes in different colors, and each has a recommended use for example:
- Black is for low-voltage and phase B applications,
- White is for neutral applications
- Blue is for neutral sheath and low-voltage
- Red is for 415V 3 phase and sheath
- Grey is for phase C and low-voltage
- Brown is for phase A and low-voltage
- Yellow is for 110V site wiring and sheath
- Green is for earth ground applications.
Types of Electrical Tape
There are many kinds of electrical tape, and each one has its own features and uses. Here are the most common ones:
1. Rubber Tape
Rubber tape is used in electrical work. This type has a glue and backing made of rubber.
It can be used to insulate high-voltage lines or fix wires that are insulated with rubber.
2. Vinyl Electrical Tape
Vinyl Electrical Tape has a glue and backing made of vinyl. It sticks well and is resistant to oil, chemicals, and moisture.
It is often used to keep low-voltage lines from touching each other and for other general purposes.
3. Mastic Tape
Mastic tape is made with a glue and backing that are both made of mastic.
It is known for its ability to seal and keep water out, so it can be used to keep pipes and connections from leaking and rusting.
4. Varnished Cambric Tape
It is made of cambric cloth that has been varnished and glue. This type has a high dielectric strength and is stable at high temperatures.
This makes it perfect for protecting high-temperature lines from wear and tear and keeping them from shorting out.
Electrical Tape Price List
The price of electrical tape can change based on its type, name, quality, size, and amount.
But based on our study, we have made a list of the average prices of some of the most popular types and brands of electrical tape in Philippines:
|Electrical Tape Type
|Vinyl Electrical Tape
|₱10 to ₱50
|Rubber Tape Electrical
|₱50 to ₱150
|₱100 to ₱820
|Varnished Cambric Tape
|₱200 to ₱4,200
Some of the most trusted and reputable brands of electrical tape in Philippines are:
How to Choose Electrical Tape
and meets rules for safety. Look for things like “BPS approved,” “PS mark,” “CSA listed,” or “UL listed” on the item.
- Check the electrical tape’s qualities and what it can do.
Think about things like
– tensile strength
– tear resistance
– dielectric strength
– thermal stability
– moisture resistance
– chemical resistance
– abrasion resistance
– sealing properties
– waterproofing properties
- Make sure the tape will work for your needs and in your surroundings.
- Read what other buyers or users have to say about the tape to get an idea of how well it works and how reliable it is.
- Think about how big the electrical tape is. Depending on the size of the lines or cables you need to insulate or fix, choose the right width, length, and thickness.
- Compare prices and choose a tape that gives you the most for your money. Remember that quality and dependability are more important than a cheap price.
By thinking about these things, you can choose the right electrical tape for your needs and make sure your electrical projects are safe and work well.
Things You Should Know About Electrical Tape
Before using electrical tape, there are some things that you should know such as:
- Does electrical tape work when it rains? Some electrical tape can stand up to water, but not all of it.
- Can I wrap wires with electrical tape? Yes, you can. Follow the steps to choose the right kind of tape and put it on firmly.
- Can electrical tape catch fire? It can, yes. Take care not to get too close to fires or high temperatures.
- Why doesn’t electric tape stick? Its stickiness can be affected by things like how old it is, how well it was made, how it was stored, or how it was used.
- Can you get water on electrical tape? Yes, it can get wet, but it might not work as well. Keep it as dry and clean as you can.